We are still sorting out our summer virtual programming. Please standby for more announcements here. We will also email you directly if you fill out the summer program survey and pre-registration form below. Thank you!
Information for HSA Dance Summer Intensive 2020 Below!
HSA Dance Summer Intensive is a ballet based, multidisciplinary experience for students with at least three years of consistent training. Ballet and Contemporary Modern Ballet classes will be a part of the daily curriculum. Pointe classes will also be offered. Three years of ballet training is recommended. To complement the ballet focus, the intensive will also offer contemporary, Hip-Hop and African classes. In celebration of a new partnership with the Radio City Rockettes, we will present weekly precision technique classes led by a Rockette. The intensive will feature guest artist workshops from superstars of the industry. Open rehearsals for an invited audience will be presented on Fridays and original work will be created on participants. The intensive will culminate in HSA Dance’s annual, Summer Blaze performance. We are still registering and accepting photos for assessment and acceptance into the program.
Visit us on Instagram @HSAdance
Pre-Register to Audition, Submit a Video or Photos. Click below
Once accepted, download the 2020 welcome letter. Click below
Link for HSA Dance Summer Intensive welcome letter will be posted February 8
Once accepted, register online. Click below
Link for online registration will be live February 8
Download sample daily schedule. Click below
HSA Dance Intensive Sample Schedule, Week One from 2018
FEATURED GUEST ARTIST MASTER CLASSES:
Schedule Subject to Change
- Caitlin Abraham – An American in Paris, Chicago, La Cage aux Folles
- Sarita Allen – Principal Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, Pilates Evolution
- Frank Gatson – MTV Video Music Awards, En Vogue, Beyonce
- Shonica Gooden – Bahiayah Hibah – The Fosse Verdon FX series, Moulin Rouge
- Alicia Graf Mack – The Julliard School Dance Director
- Sara Michelle Murawski – Dresden Ballet soloist, Slovak National Ballet principal
- Ashley Nicole Mayeux – Ballet, Contemporary
- Desmond Richardson – Principal ABT, Complexions Contemporary Ballet
- Radio City Rockettes
Schedule Subject to Change
- Ingrid DaSilva – Ballet, Contemporary, Body Conditioning and repertory
- Aubrey Lynch II – Contemporary and Repertory
- Kelly Marsh IV – Hip-Hop, Contemporary and repertory
- George Sanders – Ballet, Contemporary and repertory
- And others
Dates: Monday, July 6 – Friday, July 31, 2020 (four weeks)
Age Groups: 9-11, 12-17 & 18-25
Cost: Fees will be adjusted for a virtual experience. Please standby
$1,700 Full summer
$1,300 three week session
$900 Two week session
$500 One week session
HOW TO APPLY
Photo submission, please pre-register below.
Participants pre-register at the link above and email photos. Accepted and wait listed students will be notified by email directly after their photo assessment.
Should we reach capacity, priority will be given to dancers who pre-register online by the time stamp of their registration.
For dancers who missed the audition, please submit the following to email@example.com
1. 3/4 Headshot in leotard and tights (photo cropped from head to just below the knee)
2. Tendu a la seconde
3. First arabesque on flat
Optional Video Submission:
Please email one minute video of class exercises or a ballet or contemporary phrase to firstname.lastname@example.org. YouTube links accepted.
Questions? Please contact Leyland Simmons at email@example.com
Sample Intensive Daily Schedule TBD