Overview of Health and Safety Protocols
At HSA, we are deeply committed to maintaining a healthy environment for all students, staff, faculty, parents, and visitors. Your health and safety remain our biggest priority as we begin the fall session. We will continue to follow COVID-19 guidelines issued by the Center for Disease Control, New York State, and New York City as circumstances continue to change. It is critical that we do everything we can to use the building safely, prevent the spread of COVID-19, and protect all those who enter and exit the building. To that end, we have developed the following safety policies and thank you in advance for your cooperation and help in creating a safe environment for the entire HSA community.
Arrival and Screening
Proof of vaccination will no longer be required for members, program participants, and visitors to enter HSA. Students are NOT required to be vaccinated to attend HSA Summer Program from July 5- Aug 12th. Face coverings will be optional for students in early childhood schools or programs. HSA strongly encourages all members and program participants to continue to wear a mask while at HSA, regardless of vaccination status. Anyone who chooses to wear a mask may continue to do so, and your child may request a mask from their school or program if they need one.
HSA is committed to ensuring the highest standard of cleaning and sanitizing throughout the building, including:
- Daily enhanced cleaning and disinfection in accordance with CDC and health official recommendations.
- Air purifiers and enhanced ventilation; MERV-13 filters are used to filter out particles for coughs/sneezes, steam, and vapor.
- Added time between classes to allow for extra cleaning, airing of rooms, and reduced hall traffic flow.
Drop Off and Pick Up Protocols for Parents:
- If a parent or guardian needs to remain onsite, a designated area in Dorothy Maynor Hall allows up to 35 people to wait.
- Weather permitting, the courtyard will be open seasonally for outdoor waiting (up to 20 socially distanced people).
- All other building areas will be closed to sitting, waiting, and socializing, including but not limited to hallways, HSA cafe, outside ensemble rooms, classes, admin areas, theater space and dance studios.
- Please arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before class and no earlier than 10 minutes before pick up.
Additional Health Information
- The HSA Shop is closed, and eating meals in the HSA building is not permitted. Light snacks can be consumed in Dorothy Maynor Hall or courtyard waiting areas.
- Dressing rooms and locker rooms in the basement are closed. Please come dressed and ready for dance and movement classes.
- Do not bring valuables to HSA; keep personal belongings to a minimum and with you in classes at all times.
- All HSA space rental agreements specify that guests must show proof of vaccination upon event entry.
- Any student, instructor, staff member, or visitor who exhibits COVID-19 symptoms or receives a positive COVID-19 test: